Talk about it: I AM Sovereign
"All honor and glory to God forever and ever! He is the eternal King, the unseen One who never dies; He alone is God. Amen." (1 Timothy 1:17)
1. What does the Bible mean when it says God is sovereign?
2. How does God's sovereignty differ from that of a human king or queen? Why is that important to keep in mind?
3. God is either in control or He is not. If god were not completely sovereign over His creation, how would that affect His other attributes, and how would that impact your life?
4. How do we try to control God, and what does that indicate about our trust in His sovereignty?
5. Read Jeremiah 18:1--6. In the analogy of the potter and the clay, who is in control? Who is not in control? How do you feel about being clay in God's hands?
6. What did you learn about God's sovereignty from the puzzle analogy?
7. Read Romans 8:39. If God were not sovereign, what implications would that have on this promis?
FOCUS ON GOD
On an index card or your favorite electronic device, write the following statement and verse, or just take a picture of it:
God, because You are sovereign,
I will joyfully submit to Your will.
"All honor and glory to God forever and ever!
He is the eternal King...; He alone is God."
Look at it when you get up, when you go to bed, and at least once during the day as a way of intentionally shifting your focus from yourself to God. Thank God that He is in control no matter what.