Let's Talk About It: I AM Faithful
"O LORD God of Heaven's Armies! ...You are entirely faithful!" (Psalm 89:8)
1. What are some reasons we are not always faithful to keep our promises and commitments?
2. If God's faithfulness means that each attribute in His character is working at full capacity at all times, how does that impact His other attributes? Why does that matter? What difference should it make in your life today?
3. What do you think about the fact that God's faithfulness is not affected by anyone's lack of faith? Does this mean our faith or lack of faith in God is irrelevant? Why?
4. If God's faithfulness were dependent on our faith, what implication would that have for His other attributes?
5. If you do not give back to God when your budget is tight how does that reflect your view of God's faithfulness? Why? What does that say about your view of His love, power, justice, and omniscience?
6. Read Hebrews 10:23. Is it challenging for you to trust that God is faithful to all His promises? Why or why not? What is one step you can take today to exercise you trust in God and His faithfulness?
FOCUS ON GOD
On an index card or your favorite electronic device, write down the following statement and verse, or just take a picture of it:
God, because You are faithful,
I will trust You to always keep Your promises.
"He who promised is faithful."
(Hebrews 10:23, NIV)
Look at it when you get up, when you go to bed, and at least once during the day as a way of intentionally shifting your focus from yourself to God. Thank Him for His faithfulness in your life each day and ask Him to help you exercise greater trust in Him this week.
This next week, each time you sit down and read a promise that God makes in the Bible, as God the following question: "God, do You really mean it for me?" If you ask that with a sincere and open heart, God's Word will quickly grow into a great source of daily encouragement.