Let's Talk About It: I Know Everything About You
"Trust in the Lord with all your heart; do not depend on your own understanding. Seek His will in all you do, and He will show you which path to take." (Proverbs 3:5,6)
1. Have you ever been thankful God answered your prayer with a "No" or "Wait?" Why?
2. Go through Genesis chapters 37, 39--41 and concisely summarize each major event.
For example: Genesis 37:5--11 Joseph dreams of becoming a ruler.
3. In those passages, what skills and character qualities was God teaching Joseph that he was going to need in order to be successful later?
4. Read Genesis 45:3--8. How did Joseph end up viewing both his circumstances and God?
5. Ha it ever felt like just as things were looking up in your life, something bad happened? How did it affect your relationship with God?
6. How would you rate your degree of trust and reliance on God's wisdom and knowledge in your life? (1=Not at all; 10=Completely trust His wisdom) Why?
7. Read James 1:5,6. What does God promise? What is His warning? What are some things we are tempted to put our faith in rather than God's wisdom? Why is that?
FOCUS ON GOD
Continue to review the statement and verse you wrote down last week, at least three times each day, to remind yourself that God already knows the answer to all our questions, concerns, and worries.
God, because You know everything
I will come to You with all my
questions, worries, and concerns.
"In Him lie hidden all the treasures of wisdo and knowledge." (Colossians 2:3)
Are you going through a challenging time and you are not sure what to do or where to turn? What steps are you willing to take this week to seek the wisdom and guidance of the God who knows everything?