Let's Talk About It: I Can Make Your Heart Pure
"For by that one offering He forever made perfect those who are being made holy." (Hebrews 10:14)
1. On a scale of 1 -- 10, how would you say you're doing at living the Christian life? (1= complete failure; 5=working hard but not good enough; 10=pure joy).
2. First Peter 1:16 says, "You must be holy because I am holy." What do you think prevents most Christians from living lives that reflect God's holiness?
3. Based on your personal observations of modern culture, which of the idols mentioned in the chapter do we most tend to elevate (knowingly or unknowingly) above our holy God? Why?
idol of affluence
idol of pleasure
idol of achievement
idol of infatuation
idol of self-worship
idol of sensuality
4. According to Hebrews 10:14, when you accept Christ's payment for your sin, two things change. You are ______________ perfect and you are ___________ ____________holy. What do you think that means?
5. Read Romans 8:1-4. To what degree are you experiencing the reality of these words in your daily life?
6. Read Hebrews 10:14 again. Do you think God is okay with the fact that you are in process? Why?
7. Because of who God is, He never requires something of us without giving us what we need to accomplish what He asks. According to this chapter, what has He given us to enable us to live a holy life?
FOCUS ON GOD
Continue to review the statement and verse regarding God's holiness you wrote down last week, meditating daily on God's perfect holiness.
God, because You are holy, I will devote myself
to You in purity, worship, and service.
"Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
the whole earth is full of His glory!"
(Isaiah 6:3, NIV)
As temptations arise this week, thank God for His Holy Spirit and ask Him to help you turn away from sin.